Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!
Song Writing Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can share all about writing music and lots more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Variety in Music Selection

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin

Okay, okay, boring title. I am totally aware. But, if you're looking for an exciting peformance, my advice may help.

So, my advice is exactly what the title sounds like. When you're choosing music for a performance, make sure there's variety. If all the styles, or texts or even costumes are the same, it makes for a really boring concert.

If you're singing solo, make sure that the pieces you choose are different in terms of style and text, however, don't worry about changing what you're wearing. But, if the music is the same style, it's redundant, and the audience loses interest after a while. If you are one act in a show, talk to the other people performing and see what they're doing, that way, you can figure out a piece that's different from that.

The reason I'm writing this is because today, I realized exactly how important it is. All the choirs sang a lot of the same Latin texts, in the same style, over and over and over again. The younger choirs went first, so when it was time for us, the audience was so bored. Even though we were completely amazing. When I walked onstage, and looked out at the audience, I could even see a few people sleeping.

If you want the audience to be interested in your performance, you have to keep them interested.

https://songwritingc.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

MichaelJackson'sGirl

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:21 am by MichaelJackson'sGirl

Wow, this is very good advice. Thanks.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum