Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!
Song Writing Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can share all about writing music and lots more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Polygamy...

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Polygamy... Empty Polygamy... Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

So...polygamy. Debate. Discuss.

I personally don't see any problem with it whatsoever. I know someone in a polyamorous relationship, and he seems quite happy. Also, it really just seems like a normal healthy relationship. Love is love, and can be expanded. It doesn't have to be limited to the standard definition, and shouldn't be given a definition at all. Love can grow, and polygamy puts a new meaning to love. Something that I very much respect.

https://songwritingc.forumotion.com

2Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:40 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

Does this mean, the religion of a man having many wives? I don't remember.

3Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

No. It's the practice of having more than one partner.

4Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:55 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

Isn't that illegal still? I am not in agreement with this. One person falls in love with one other.

5Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Well, I could never do it myself. But, as stated, love is love. It should have no limitations. As long as all partners are consenting, it's fine. And it's only illegal in terms of marriage I think. Not sure. I don't know much about polygamy.

6Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:55 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I only heard that a TV show is about to show something about three women married to one man.

7Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Elderly Old Queen

Elderly Old Queen

(Here, you wanted me to post, so I shall. xD)

Lust is also lust. That does not mean it needs to be satisfied.
Frankly, I feel that if one person isn't enough to pleasure the other, they do not deserve any more. xD
Peace should come from within one's inner self. Someone else shouldn't be required to bring anyone contentment.

8Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

(xD Hello Elder! Whoo! Now we can debate! Ooh, this seems fun!)

Quite frankly, it has no more to do with lust than a heterosexual couple would. It rather has to do with love. Which, no matter what form you put it in, is love.
Also, it's not about one person not being satisfied with the other. However, it's just the fact that they love more than one person. If you understand what I'm saying.
Again, it has nothing to do with contentment. However, it just has to do with consenting love.

If all partners are consenting, who am I to tell them that what they're doing is wrong?

9Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:32 am

Elderly Old Queen

Elderly Old Queen

(I have a bad feeling about this. xD I will be the loser in no time.)

Then why must they have more if it has nothing to do with contentment? xD It's like me hoarding cookies just because my sister told me to have some and I love cookies, yet there are starving children on the street who would love to have some. It's plain greedy.

I was always told, don't take more than you need. Why not become friends instead? Who even needs love? xD

(I'm done debating. xD No one actually thinks about what I said. They will trample me.)

10Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:35 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Elderly Old Queen wrote:(I have a bad feeling about this. xD I will be the loser in no time.)

Then why must they have more if it has nothing to do with contentment? xD It's like me hoarding cookies just because my sister told me to have some and I love cookies, yet there are starving children on the street who would love to have some. It's plain greedy.

I was always told, don't take more than you need. Why not become friends instead? Who even needs love? xD

(I'm done debating. xD No one actually thinks about what I said. They will trample me.)

(Don't worry. I don't bite...hard xD)

It doesn't mean they want more. Also, food is somewhat comparable, yet not exactly. Loving someone does not mean you are taking more than you need. In some cases, it means that you're taking exactly what you need. In most cases, all partners can't live without each other and need each other in their lives.

Good point. However, everyone is different, and some people really do need love from all their partners. If it's not hurting anyone, why should be we against them?

(Nooo! Please...you're a good debater! Don't leave!)

11Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Elderly Old Queen

Elderly Old Queen

(Bahahaha. xD You sound like Patty.)

I don't understand. xD How can it not be taking more than required? Couldn't they be friends? In my opinion, unless they are using each other for mating, they could get all the love and support they need from friendship. xD

From all their partners. xD Because my conscience says so.

(Okay. xD I shall continue until provoked.)

12Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:52 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

(xD Do I?)

Because, there's no required amount in terms of love. After all, it's infinite, and people can always make more. Also, it's different for each situation. I have a friend in a three-way relationship with two women. He said that he feel in love with a bisexual woman, and really loved her. She became fast friends with another woman. They all became very good friends, but then, one day, his girlfriend broke down because she felt horrible about loving both of them. So, they all started their relationship together. He was unsure of it at first, but then fell in love with both of them. He didn't want to lose her, and he wanted her to be happy. Now, I"m not sure what you consider good intentions, but that's definitely what I consider good intentions.

Also, your conscience is not everyone else's. It's something that I could never do, however, I don't have any problem with it, and I support those who practice it.

(Whooot! xD)

13Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:33 am

Elderly Old Queen

Elderly Old Queen

(Yes. xD One day we had a conversation about biting.)

There are many different subcategories involved in love. Don't be too hasty in considering it a mishmosh of simplicity that applies to everything. There are far too many details that you overlook while using this delicate subject.
I feel people should have self-control. There should special roles that are filled, or else the point of love would be ruined. It is meant to be sacred in marriage. To find the one true love is a lot more difficult than having other options. Besides, I would prefer to have all the attention focused on me. xD I wouldn't want favorites getting in the way.

Ouch. xD It's a free country! I feel free to state the opinions that rage within me. I feel it is wrong, and I feel sorry for those trapped in those relationships while secretly feeling tinges of jealousy.

14Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Elderly Old Queen wrote:(Yes. xD One day we had a conversation about biting.)

There are many different subcategories involved in love. Don't be too hasty in considering it a mishmosh of simplicity that applies to everything. There are far too many details that you overlook while using this delicate subject.
I feel people should have self-control. There should special roles that are filled, or else the point of love would be ruined. It is meant to be sacred in marriage. To find the one true love is a lot more difficult than having other options. Besides, I would prefer to have all the attention focused on me. xD I wouldn't want favorites getting in the way.

Ouch. xD It's a free country! I feel free to state the opinions that rage within me. I feel it is wrong, and I feel sorry for those trapped in those relationships while secretly feeling tinges of jealousy.

(xD Did we? I forgot!)

And yes, that's true. There are many sub-catergories involved in love. Polygamy being one of them. It's possible to love more htan one in that way. Polygamy is a form of love.
But it really doesn't have anything to do with self-control. I'm starting to wonder if you're just associating this with sex. If not, then no, polygamy really has nothing to do with self-control.

Well, not really. It's possible to love more than one person and not be jealous. Sure, it's not something I can do, but it's completely possible. So, you can't say they harbor jealousy, because you don't always know that.

xD Of course it is! And of course you are entitled to your own opinion. However, this is a debate. If you are feeling attacked in any sort of way, tell me and I will tone it down.

15Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:43 pm

Elderly Old Queen

Elderly Old Queen

(No, Patrick, Poke, and I did. xD)

'Tis more of a lifestyle in my opinion than a form of love.
Well what is it? xD Why do they do it? Why is it necessary? (Yes, I am. xD I mentioned "mating" already...)

But is it possible to have an intimate relationship with a partner when their attention is divided between you and another? Surely this leaves moments of impatience, hence negative feelings towards the third wheel. xD
You don't always know that they don't. Sometimes, when people are very desperate to claim someone as their lover, they will sacrifice things in foolish blindness, such as saying a third person may join, then they regret it later. Then the private loathing begins. xD
These things aren't always peaches and sunshine.

Here, I had to catch the bus so I wasn't able to expand on the conscience part. xD May I do so now?

16Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Elderly Old Queen wrote:(No, Patrick, Poke, and I did. xD)

'Tis more of a lifestyle in my opinion than a form of love.
Well what is it? xD Why do they do it? Why is it necessary? (Yes, I am. xD I mentioned "mating" already...)

But is it possible to have an intimate relationship with a partner when their attention is divided between you and another? Surely this leaves moments of impatience, hence negative feelings towards the third wheel. xD
You don't always know that they don't. Sometimes, when people are very desperate to claim someone as their lover, they will sacrifice things in foolish blindness, such as saying a third person may join, then they regret it later. Then the private loathing begins. xD
These things aren't always peaches and sunshine.

Here, I had to catch the bus so I wasn't able to expand on the conscience part. xD May I do so now?

(xD Ahh...okay!)

Well, it can be considered both, I guess.
Here's an example. I love both Ben, and Eric. Ben and Eric are bisexual and also love each other. (By the way, sorry for not using Uke as sn example. xD I was saving him for you...) So, I deicde to choose between them. I choose Ben, and Eric is upset. Or, we could just form a relatinship with all three of us. Then, everybody is happy. (Well, it has to do with more than just sex...)

Yes. It isn't something that everyone can do, but it's possible. I myself could never have such a relationship. However, I know people that do, and it seems to be working well for them. Also, there is no third wheel. It's not just one person having a relationshp with multiple people. It's multiple people having relationships with each other.
Of course they're not. They're just as miserable grand as other relationships. xD

xD Of course you may.

17Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:15 pm

Elderly Old Queen

Elderly Old Queen

(Yeah. xD Crazy Newfies.)

You guess? xD Yes indeed, the English language can be twisted so that anything is possible.
Do you not think that problems would arise? In couples, there is already enough problems and clashes over minor personality conflicts. Adding another person would merely increase the chances of that. Divorce is common. Two people struggle to stay together nowadays. There are obviously disagreements that come with relationships. The bonus of negative qualities the third partner possesses adds to the possibilities of strife. Sometimes I wonder if two is too many. (True. xD)

It's possible, but is it proper? Decent? Humane?
It reminds me of a tribe of animals where multiple mates thrive.
Isn't there always favoritism? Between my cousins and sister, all the same age, one is always left out at times. They are all related and all love each other, but they still have their bad days. Thank goodness they do not all live together or their bickering and hurt feelings over petty favoritism (imagined or real) would probably tarnish their love for each individual. You see, even though outsiders consider them like-minded girls who make the ideal trio and example of family love, I see them on their bad days. I feel the pain they create for each other when they are not feeling their best.

Thanks, I'll do so in my next post. xD This one is lengthy.

18Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:32 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Elderly Old Queen wrote:(Yeah. xD Crazy Newfies.)

You guess? xD Yes indeed, the English language can be twisted so that anything is possible.
Do you not think that problems would arise? In couples, there is already enough problems and clashes over minor personality conflicts. Adding another person would merely increase the chances of that. Divorce is common. Two people struggle to stay together nowadays. There are obviously disagreements that come with relationships. The bonus of negative qualities the third partner possesses adds to the possibilities of strife. Sometimes I wonder if two is too many. (True. xD)

It's possible, but is it proper? Decent? Humane?
It reminds me of a tribe of animals where multiple mates thrive.
Isn't there always favoritism? Between my cousins and sister, all the same age, one is always left out at times. They are all related and all love each other, but they still have their bad days. Thank goodness they do not all live together or their bickering and hurt feelings over petty favoritism (imagined or real) would probably tarnish their love for each individual. You see, even though outsiders consider them like-minded girls who make the ideal trio and example of family love, I see them on their bad days. I feel the pain they create for each other when they are not feeling their best.

Thanks, I'll do so in my next post. xD This one is lengthy.

Yes. Well, I think differently than many others... xD
I do. However, is it my place to tell them they shouldn't even start a relationship because of a possibility of problems? No. Is it anyone's place to tell them they shouldn't start a relationship because there are possibilities. If you get pregnant, there's a possibility that the baby will have problems. Does that mean that women shouldn't get pregnant?

xU Is it proper? Yes. Decent? Yes. Humane? Yes. It's not harming anyone. It's not affecting anyone. Honestly, where's the problem?
Yes, well, as said, there are certain (few) people that can actually make a relationship like that work. I'm not one of them, I doubt you're one of them (no offensie), Ben is not one of them, Uke is not one of them, Sam is not one of them. My online friend is one of them. One of my real life friends is one of them. Honestly, if they are like that, then, they only face the same problems as a sheterosexual couple would face.

Alright. xD

19Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Elderly Old Queen

Elderly Old Queen

Yep. xD The power of words.
Do you lack self confidence? xD Are you easily swayed by your peers? Are you a conformist? You have the right to state your opinion on the matters of others despite the offense it may cause. Stand up for yourself!
Actually, I think they shouldn't. xD I don't plan on it. I'm the wrong person to use that against. I would seriously let the human race die out.

I meant human. xD
So? Just because it works for some doesn't justify it. xD

20Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:12 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Elderly Old Queen wrote:Yep. xD The power of words.
Do you lack self confidence? xD Are you easily swayed by your peers? Are you a conformist? You have the right to state your opinion on the matters of others despite the offense it may cause. Stand up for yourself!
Actually, I think they shouldn't. xD I don't plan on it. I'm the wrong person to use that against. I would seriously let the human race die out.

I meant human. xD
So? Just because it works for some doesn't justify it. xD
xD Thank goodness God gave me that gift.
No. xD If I were personally in that situation, I'd choose the three-way relationship. Because it would make everyone happy. I know I wouldn't get jealous (for some reason, I don't get jealous if the guy I like is with another guy... And yes, that has happened plenty of times. Ben, Uke, Eric, Murder, Chris...etc) and Ben and Eric have both had such relationships before, and they were very happy.
xD Yes, I'd like the human race to die out. Though, it's not happening, so why can't everyone be happy?

Welll...do you believe homosexual relationships aren't human?
Well, why shouldn't they be allowed to do it if it's not hurting anyone?

21Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:25 pm

Elderly Old Queen

Elderly Old Queen

No, I meant English in general. xD The way it can be manipulated so that one word fits into many parts of speech and whatnot... Like nouns, verbs, etc.
See? It makes people happy so you'd do it. xD That is called peer influence. I believe in solely following one's own feelings rather than turning to the others. What if it was with another girl? That might be a little worse if another girl was with the boy you loved and you had to accept it. xD
xD Because of people like you who claim happiness is pointless.

Huh? xD Wrong thread.
Truthfully, it hurts me inwardly. xD Strange to admit, but it makes me feel like retching. That's how I know something about it isn't right.

22Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:43 pm

Elderly Old Queen

Elderly Old Queen

Is this over? xD

23Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:34 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I just believe in being faithful to your one wife. That's what your love is for.

24Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:35 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

No it's not over.

MJG - Err, well, technically it's not cheating on one's parter. That's different. Polygamy is more than one person being in a relationship with each other. As in, they are all together. It's more like a three-way relationship.

(Sorry, I have so much schoolwork...)

25Polygamy... Empty Re: Polygamy... Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Elderly Old Queen

Elderly Old Queen

MichaelJackson'sGirl wrote:I just believe in being faithful to your one wife. That's what your love is for.
Precisely how I feel! ^_^
One should be enough to cherish and love to the end of one's days.
By having only one, they are more precious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum