Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!
Song Writing Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can share all about writing music and lots more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Substance Abuse

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Substance Abuse Empty Substance Abuse Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Alright, well, I guess I should make this. So, what are your opinions on substance abuse. Such as drugs, cigarettes etc. I personally believe that getting addicted to a certain substance is bad because it damages your body and can impair your thinking. I understand if someone is taking a drug for medical reasons but when it gets to the point of an addiction, it's bad.

Here's a question for you all to ponder. If someone gets in a car, knowing the risks, and then gets into an accident, is it safe to blame them because they knew the risks involved and did it anyway? Then, what about if someone smokes, knowing the risks, and then develops lung cancer, is it safe to blame them because they knew the risks involved but they did it anyway? When you compare these two questions, compare the similarities in the question and the similarities in the answers.

Personally, I believe it's a complicated question. Because, for both, you're dealing with a person who did something, knowing the risks involved and ended up in a very bad situation. But, driving is something that plenty of people need to do, getting to work, driving your kids somewhere etc. But it's needed in life. Smoking is not needed, and there's a greater chance of a bad outcome.

https://songwritingc.forumotion.com

2Substance Abuse Empty Re: Substance Abuse Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:36 pm

funny12321

funny12321

Ok well for the questions you have, the smoking one is easy. yes they did it in clear mind and well new the risks

for getting in a car one, it is necessary. most accidents are caused by drunk driving so we just need to make roads safer

3Substance Abuse Empty Re: Substance Abuse Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:18 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

funny12321 wrote:Ok well for the questions you have, the smoking one is easy. yes they did it in clear mind and well new the risks

for getting in a car one, it is necessary. most accidents are caused by drunk driving so we just need to make roads safer
Really? I've never seen any statistics that stated that... Can you send me some proof? Actually, there are plenty of other reasons that accidents can be caused. Here are some statistics that show otherwise.
http://www.onlinelawyersource.com/personal_injury/auto/statistics.html

However, it is the same state of mind. When smoking, you know the risks and you do it anyway. When you're getting into a car, you know the risks and you also do it anyway. You say that for smoking, they did it clear and mind and well new the risks. Well, same for getting in a car. THey did it clear in mind and well new the risks. All the drivers I know understand that by getting in a car, there is a possibility you will get in an accident.

https://songwritingc.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]