Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!
Song Writing Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can share all about writing music and lots more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Everybody Is Somebody

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Everybody Is Somebody Empty Everybody Is Somebody Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Hey guys. I've actually been writing a novel. It's kind of been a vent for what happened to Murder, but it has kind of evolved into something more. Anyway, here it is.

I looked at my watch. It was 10:30 already. Matt was supposed to be here half an hour ago. Where was he? I sighed, realizing it was exactly like him to do this to me. I couldn't remember the number of dates in the past few weeks that he missed. Okay, so, sure, his caretaker just got out of surgery and he had to take care of her. He should still get to see me every once in a while. This was it. I had to break up with him.

Gathering my purse, jacket and cell phone, I went and bought some coffee and left. The doors swung closed behind me, and my mind raced. I'd been with Matt since the age of thirteen. We were seventeen now. That was four years! Icouldn't believe Ihad to break up with him. But, he was being a horrible boyfriend. He deserved everything he was about to get. But there was a part of me that said, "Just wait Caitlin. You know you love him. Don't do anything stupid." But, then, there was the part of me that said, "The only stupid thing you can do is stay with him. Be strong Caitlin."

I would listen to that part of my brain. The part that told me to be strong. It made me feel stronger too. Before I knew it, I was pulling out my phone, dialing Matt's number. It rang and rang, and finally the ringing stopped. But, whoever picked it up wasn't talking. But then Iheard it. A scream. Matt's scream. "Matt! What the hell are you doing?" I shouted into the phone. But Igot no reply except a moan. And then the call was over. I rolled my eyes, snapping the phoen shut, "Where the hell is--"I cut off as Itripped over someone on the ground, "Hey, watch where you're--"I looked down at the person I tripped over, "Oh my god," was all that came out of my mouth.

It was Matt. He was lying on the sidewalk, barely noticeable under a coat of blood. "Matt!" I screamed, tears pouring out of my eyes. No wonder he hadn't shown up. He was on his when something happened. And no wonder Iheard him scream. How could Inot havefigured out something was wrong? I looked downat him, tears pouring out of her eyes. My fingers couldn't pull out my cell phone and dial 911 fast enough, "Hello? Help! Please! My boyfriend was attacked! I think he got stabbed. I don't know what happened. But he's covered in blood and we need help right away! Please!" I whispered frantically into the phone, "We're at 31 Lindanc Street, right in front of the museum. I think it closed a few hours ago.No, I don't know who did it. Thank you."

I hung up the phome, whispered, "Matt! Please talk to me!" I tried to wrap the wounds with the small medical kit I had in my purse. But it wouldn't even take care of a fourth of them. There was so much. He needed help and fast.

"Kate..."His beautiful voice rang through the air, "Kate, I love...I love you."

I smiled, the tears in my eyes were blinding, the way his voice sounded. The pain. Ic ould sense it all. It was something I definitely didn't want to hear. But, I was glad to hear his voice, "I love you too Matt."I wrapped my arms around him, sighing as he kissed me weakly. His eyes closed soon after, but I felt his heartbeat under my cheek and sighed in relief. "You're gonna be okay Matt. Promise."

Suddenly,I felt dirty. How could I doubt Matt? Especially when this happened to him. Why didn't I come and try to find out what happened? Instead of just sitting there feeling sorry for myself, I could have been with him. Knowing who did this to him. I was a horrible girlfriend. He was far from a horrible boyfriend. This is my fault.

"Matt?" I asked as I saw his eyelids flicker open.

"Kate..."He murmured my name weakly, it sounded more like "kay" but I could tell he was saying my name. I could tell what he was doing all the time. Except now. When it realy mattered/

"Please Matt! Fight! For me! Ican not lose you. Do you hear me? Ineed you. I love you!" I knew I should be saying this to him now. I wanted him to have hope of making it. But there was so much blood. Who knew what was going to happen?

"I promise I'll make it Kate,"he mumbled weakly, "Please don't cry."

"How can I not cry Matt?" I asked, "If I lose you..."I trailed off, not wanting to tell him this now. I knew the truth. If I lost him, I would figure out who did this to him. And make sure they were put away for good. And then, I would kill myself. I would do anything to be with him. No matter where.

"You won't lose me," he stated, wrapping his arms around me, "I'm right here." I could hear the weakness in his voice, knowing he was dying. And knowing that if he didn't get any medical attention soon, he would die. But my prayers were answered as I heard sirens in the distance, followed by the blinding lights of police cars and an ambulance. Sighing in relief, I whispered, "I love you Matt. The ambulance is here. You're going to the hospital."I knew he wouldn't like it. I knew if he could talk, he'd say, "Please no Kate! Anything but that! I'll do anything for you!All I need to feel better is you.'But right now, he needed more than just love. He needed help from those qualified to help him. And that certianly wasn't me. I did feel bad about sending him to a place he absolutely hates. But I had to. Being his girlfriend, I'd learned pretty soon that he hated hospitals.

"Kate...no," he muttered.

"I'll be right there with you. Promise."

https://songwritingc.forumotion.com

2Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:05 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

A few comments,
1. My name's Caitlin, but I don't use it here.
2. Did he really get stabbed? Murder I meant.
3. Very powerful.

3Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

MichaelJackson'sGirl wrote:A few comments,
1. My name's Caitlin, but I don't use it here.
2. Did he really get stabbed? Murder I meant.
3. Very powerful.
1. Awesome! I chose that name for...I forgot why but I had some reason. xD
2. I'm not exactly sure. I don't know exactly what but they put him in the hospital for almost a month in critical condition.
3. Thanks. That's what I was going for.

4Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:09 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Since I already wrote 10 chapters. I'll post chapter 2 as well.

I nearly screamed as they shoved him the in back of an ambulance. Hopping into my car, I sped down the highway to the hospital. When I got there, I was great with an EMT opening the back of an ambulance.Sighing, I parked the car and ran, witnessing the one thing a girl never wants to see. When the guy she loves is being unloaded from the back of an ambulance, laying in pools of blood. What kind of sick person would do that to him?

They set him down, and I ran over, wanting to see him, hold him, love him. "Matt," I whispered.

"Th-they, stabbed me because I'm b-bi..." he trailed off, his eyes closing, his breathing slowing.

Tears were in my eyes now. Okay, so what if he were bi? That doesn't give anyone the right to hurt him like that. Taking his hand, I kissed his cheek gently, blood melting on my lips. "I love you Matt. Now, please, don't leave me. I need you." I ran my fingers through his beautiful hair and looked at him. I truly was the luckiest girl in the world. Matt was handsome, even when he was covered in blood, you could still see the faint ruffle in his dark brown hair, the muscles bulging from his red and white shirt, and, when he opened his eyes, you could see how big, and brown, and beautiful they were. Every girl's dream. But that didn't mean every girl would accept him as a person.

As I looked down at him, I heard a voice yell, "Caitlin! What are you doing here?"

Oh no. Dad was here. Of course! How could I have forgotten? My mom just got out of surgery, and wasn't doing so well in recovery. Of course my dad would be lurking in the ER, waiting to ground me for being late for curfew.

"Dad, I can explain. Someone stabbed Matt. I found him. Look."

He rushed over, "Oh my god," he marveled, "Katie, I'm so sorry. Is he going to be okay?" Worry was in his eyes. And it was authentic worried. My dad and Matt had bonded last summer. Matt was a genius. I was his first and only girlfriend since we were thirteen, and he knew how to make my dad love him just as much as I do. How he did it, I will never know. But he convinced my dad what a great guy he was, and an even better football player. How could dad say no to that? How could anyone say no to that?

I sighed, tears coming out rapidly, "I-I don't know. I hope so."

My dad took me in his arms, "Don't worry Katie. He'll be okay. He's a strong guy."

I nodded, "I know."

Dad sighed, "You better get home. Grandma's there by herself. I'll tell you how your mother and Matt are doing."

"You mean, I can't come see him?"

Dad sighed, "You can see him Katie, but you know we can't leave grandma at home by herself. And we can't leave your mother here liek this either."

I sighed, "Can we at least wait until Matt is gonna be okay without me?"

Dad puased, then nodded, "Alright." He walked down the hallway to my mom's room.

I sat, waiting for someone to take Matt into a room. Finally, an hour later, they wheeled his bloodied stretcher into a room. I kissed his forehead, "I love you."

He smiled at me, just like he always does, just weaker, "I love you too."

I gave him a hug, trying to hide the tears, "I've gotta go now sweetie. But, I'll be here first thing in the morning, okay? When you wake up, I'll be the first person you see."

I hated the watch the smile disappear from his face when I started talking. But towards the end, I sighed in relief as it reappeared. "Okay," he smiled, "I'm really looking forward to it. Is your mom okay?"

I nodded, "Compared to you she's the picture of health." I kissed him, "Rest." I watched his brown eyes drift to sleep, making sure he would stay like that before I left.

5Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:30 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I really feel bad for this guy.

6Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:32 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Devon or Matt? Or both?

I sighed as I slammed the car door and walked up the front steps. Throwing my purse on the table, I screamed. No words. Just a scream.

Taking a few pills for my headache, I changed into a sports bra and shorts and put on my sneakers. I realized how dark it was when I opened the door and stepped outside. But that didn't stop me. Before I knew it was I was jogging down the pavement. I switched The GazettE onto my phone, smiling as the familiar sound of Before I Decay rang in my ears. Jogging all around the neighborhoos, the tension seemed to disappear from me. As soon as I got out onto the street, I knew I was calm. As I was jogging back to my house, I smiled, remembering how much Matt and I used to jog together. The way he would pick me up and carry me up the front steps of the house. How I would laugh and kiss him. That would distract him so much. He almost dropped me once. It was a while ago, but it still felt fresh in my mind.

As I jogged up the front steps of my house, I set the alarm on my phone for 4 AM. I knew it was well past midnight by now. And that I wouldn't have gotten anywhere near enough sleep. But Matt was worth it. Matt was worth everything.

When I got to my bedroom, I didn't even bother turning the light on. All I did was collapse on my bed, stick my phone under my pillow and fall asleep. My dreams were quiet for the night. But I was glad for that, seeing as if I did have a dream, it would be a nightmare.

At exactly 4 AM, I was awakened from my dreamless sleep by a loud song playing on my phone. Usually, I would have hated to wake up at such a time, but when it came to Matt, I was happy to do anything. Running into the bathroom, I ran a brush through my hair as quickly as possible. I then splashed my face with water to fully awaken me. Realizing I forgot my phone, I sprinted to my room, removing it from beneath my pillow.

As I was about to leave, I noticed something. The little gift box Matt had given me once. When he missed my birthday. I knew it wasn't his fault. But I had still taken my hurt out on him at the time, which I deeply regretted now. Running my finger over the ribbon, I remembered how upset I was. I had even refused to open his gift. But, now, I knew how special he was to me. And I could never be angry at him. Was I supposed to open it?

I made my choice. Now or never. As I untied the ribbon, I wanted Matt to be there, guiding my hand as I opening the box. "Oh my god," I whispered, looking down. It was the most beautiful necklace I'd ever seen. It was black with a guitar on it. The strings of the guitar were twisted to say "Kate" in a deep red. Looking down, I noticed a note. It read, "Dear Kate, I'm so sorry for missing your birthday. I was thinking about you all day. I even wrote a song for you. It's just...my caretaker was in the hospital and I couldn't leave her. I'm sorry. I love you more than my own life. You're my sugarplum. With more love than you know, Matt."

I sighed and smiled. Definitely something Matt would write. I can't believe how angry I was with him for that. At that time for him. How could I hurt him like that? I was horrible. No wonder he didn't spend so much time with me after that. But, now, I would do anything I could to fix it.

Running downstairs in the garage, I hopped in my car and pulled down the driveway, trying to get to the hospital before Matt woke up. I drove, only half concious, but I fought to stay awake for Matt.

By the time I got to the hospital, parked the car, and made my way up to Matt's room, it was almost 5:30. I really hoped he wasn't awake.

I was in his room for about five seconds before his eyes started to fliccker open. I sighed in relief, just in time. I looked to him and smiling, "Morning handsome," I said gently, kissing his cheek, "Are you better?" I asked, smiling as I saw him blush lightly.

He sighed and kissed me back. "I will be..."

I frowned, "You will be when...?"

He grinned, "You sit here next to me." He moved over to his left and pulled me down to the right side of his blood-soaked hospital bed.

I smiled, holding his hand lightly, "You know we aren't supposed to do this. You're not supposed to strain yourself."

He kissed my forehead and wrapped his muscular arms around me, "I fail to see how being with my favorite girl is straining myself. In fact, it makes me feel better."

"So, you are feeling better?" I asked, "Hm, then you don't get any hugs from me if you're okay," I joked.

He pouted, "W-why? I love you Kate!"

I laughed, "You know I was just kidding," I wrapped my arms around him, but couldn't stop the flow of tears from coming out.

I like the way Matt knew me so well, but there were times, like now, "Kate, what is it? What's wrong? I'll be fine!"

I sighed, knowing that lying to him wouldn't do any use, "I am so sorry Matt. I love you. And when I was being awful to you, I don't know what I was thinking! You're the best boyfriend I could ask for Matt. I love you so much."

Matt's weak smile sent shock running through me, "Kate," he whispered, "I love you. I always will. No matter what." He wrapped his arms around me, kissing me with his loving lips.

7Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:36 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

This is heartbreaking. And BTW, I was talking about Matt. Who's Devon?

8Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:37 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Oh, Devon is Murder. The real life inspiration for Matt.

9Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:39 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

Oh........ okay then. Then I feel bad.

10Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I know there are spacing issues with this but I'd appreciate it if you could read around this. The site that I put this on has issues with the spacing so yeah.

Isighed, "Matt we shouldn't do this."

He pouted, "Kate,"he whined, "Why not?Ilove you!"

Ismiled, kissing him gently and ruffling his brown hair, "Ilove you too!But, as Isaid, you're recovering. Idon't want you to wear yourself out."

He sighed and nodded, "Okay Kate. Whatever you say."He smiled at me, squeezing my hand gently as Igot up and stood by his bedside.

I looked up when Iheard footsteps. Seeing the nurse, Isighed in relief, knowing she would tell me how he was doing, "Well, you seem to be doing a lot better."The nurse said to Matt, pulling a peice of paper from Matt's medical records, "It says here you've been abused by your father when you were a kid. And you still have visible damage. May Iplease see this?"

Looking at Matt gently, Ibit my lip. Iknew his dad was one of the things he hated talking about. Honestly, Ireally didn't know much. All Iknew is that when his mom left, his dad turned to a beer bottle to feel better. But it didn't stop there. Every night, he would beat Matt, sometimes hurting him pretty bad. Ialways guessed that's why Matt was so reckless. To cover up for it all. But, Inever said anything. He never told me about it. Until the one day, Inoticeed the marks on his arm and asked what happened. He tried lying, but Icould always tell what the truth is. Finally, he told me. And we never spoke of it again.

Sighing, Isqueezed his hand, looking into his eyes gently. "It's okay Matt."

Icould see it in his eyes. The fear, the hurt. Everything he'd gone through was coming back. He always tried to forget about his dad. But, whenever he got close, something like this would always bring the memories back.

He rolled up his sleeve, a look of pain in his eyes.

The nurse grunted, "Took you long enough." Anger flowed through my veins. How could she be so rude?Did she not know how much it would hurt, physically and emotionally, to be abused like that?"Wow, miracle child. You just get yourself into a whole lot of trouble, young man, huh?So, that's all from yoru dad?"

Matt nodded and looked up to me, not saying a word. The look on his face. It was new, and I needed to figure out what it was. As Istudied it, Irealized what it was. He was scared. I'd never seen that before. Usually, he kept his cool. No matter what he was feeling, he could still joke about it and move on. Iwas the only person who'd ever seen his emotions. And Iwas okay with that, seeing as he was at least showing me. But, I'd never seen him scared before. This was new.

The nurse dragged herself out of the room. leaving me and Matt alone together.

"It's okay,"Iwhispered, wrapping my arms around him.

He shook his head, tears falling onto my chest, "Please Kate, please never leave me. Please!Ineed you!"

Ikissed his cheek, hating it when he cried. It hurt me so much when he was upset. It made me feel like Ifailed him as a girlfriend, even through he said Iwasn't, Istill didn't believe him. "I'll never leave you,"Ipromised, "I'm right here and Ialways will be. Matt, you're the one who could leave me. Please don't do that either."

He sighed gently and shook his head,"I"m sorry,"he sighed, wiping away the tears, "Ishouldn't have cried."He wriped away the tears, but Icould tell there were still more.

Ididn't want him to hold anything back,"Cry,"Istated, not even caring what Iwas saying, "Cry if you need to. I'm right here. And I'll always be here. Iknow you have tears you're holding back. And Iwant you to let them out."

He smiled at me weakly before wrapping his arms around me, a flood of tears escaping from his eyes. As Iheld him,Irealized it was usually me crying to him. He was so strong andhe always got me through everything.Now it was my turn to be strong, and get him through this.

11Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:45 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

Cry is a strong term.

12Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:46 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

MichaelJackson'sGirl wrote:Cry is a strong term.
Yes, it is.

13Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:59 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

Are there any new parts to this?

14Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:06 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Yeah, I'll go post it. Sorry about the spacing again.

Isighed to Matt, looking at him. He looked like he did on the day we met. That was the day he was taken out of his father's care, and given to his current caretaker, who Iwas forever grateful too. The day we met was an interesting day. Iwas hurt. He was strong, and brave, and sweet.Ismiled, kissing the tears running down his cheeks.

Smiling up at me, he asked, "Kate, what are you thinking about?"

Itook a deep breath, "The day we met."Isaid it boldly, but inside, Iwas a little unsure of how he would react.

To my surprise, he laughed, "Gosh, Iremember that day. It was a while ago,"he ran a finger down through my hair, his smile bright and loving.

All I could do was nod, "Um, yeah..."Itrailed off as we both laughed.

The smile disappeared. And Isoon realized why as he asked, "Kate...what happened that day anyway?Imean, like, before I got there."

Isighed. This was one of the few things I'd never felt comfortable sharing with Matt. But, Iknew it was now or never,"Well, my grandma passed away after a heart attack. And Iwas so upset. And Kirk...he told me that Iwas the sweetest girl he'd met, and that Ididn't deserve any of it,"Isighed, the memories still clear in my mind, almost like it was yesterday, "And, he said that Iwas a person he could grow to love later. And that he wanted to get to know me better."Ikissed Matt, noticing his teeth clench and his muscles tighten. Icould see the anger in his face, and that was not what Iwanted. He relaxed a little after Ikissed him, but Icould still see some hurt. Iwrapped my arms around him, "So, basically, I walked outside of school at the end of the day to find his arms around another girl. Itried to ignore them, because Iknew my chances with Kirk were blown, but Kirk saw me and laughed. He came up to me, with the girl and told me that Iwas just as stupid as he thought if Ibelieved him.And that Ididn't deserve him. And that nobody would ever care about me."Iwrapped my arms around him, kissing his cheek and smiling, "And then this strong boy with big brown eyes came over and punched him. And told him to leave me alone. He then helped me away as Icried and hugged me, and told me that someone would care about me. And that he would help me find that someone."Ilaughed, "It took us a few months to realize that what we needed was each other. But, I'm really glad we did.

Matt smiled at the end, "That guy was a jerk. I'm glad you didn't go out with him Kate."

Ilaughed and kissed Matt, "I'm glad I didn't go out with him too."

He kissed me back, pulling awayas he said,"Cause then Inever would have been able to do that."

Ismiled as his sweet words melted in my ears, "I'm really glad you can. And I'm glad Ican do this."Ikissed him again, tryingto make it last, butpulling away as he started to laugh.

"Ilove you Kate."His voice was weak and quiet when he said that, but I didn't care.

"Ilove you too Matt.Ialways have, and Ialways will."Iheld my hand out.

"Now and forever."He smiled, holding his hand out.

"We'll be together."Ismiled at him, squeezing our hands together.

We couldn't do the rest of the corny cheer we'd made up in 8th grade without laughing our heads off. "Jeez, we haven't done that in a long time."He laughed.

"Iknow.I'm surprised we still remember it."Ihugged him, "But, I'm so glad that we do."

His hand squished mine, "About that Kirk guy..."he sighed, trailing off.

Ilooked at him and nodded. "Yeah?"

"Would you still go out with him if he asked you now?"

Ishook my head and sighed, "There's nobody better for me than you."But then I realized something. "Matt, do you know who attacked you?"

"No, but Ican find them. I know they live here, because they knew me and my name and stuff. But, Ialso punched them and gave them a bruise on the cheek. So, I'll just look for that. Iknow they went to our school too. They were at prom."

Inodded. That was it.Ihad a feeling Iknew who attacked Matt. And Iwas going to go find out as soon as Igot out of here.

"What is itKate?"Matt asked, holding my hand.

"You'll find out soon."Ikissed his cheek, smiling as he blushed.

15Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:04 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I really really want to know what happened next.

16Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

xD Okay, here you go.

I suddenly remembered, "I'll be right back." I kissed him on the cheek before running to the elevator and then headed down a few floors. Even before I walked into the room, I knew something was up. But, when I walked into an empty room, I knew my suspicions were true. My first instinct was to pull out my phone and dail. Placing it up to my ear, I asked, "Dad?" I heard his answer and then smiled, "That's great! Can I call you back later?" I hung up the phone.

When I got back to Matt's room, I smiled at him and kissed him, "How's the best boyfriend in the world?"

He grinned, "He's doing fine."

I sat down on his bed and leaned over to kiss him. "My mom got out."

He looked at me, smiling, eyes wide, "Really? That's awesome!" He wrapped me in a tight hug, "I'm so happy for you."

I wrapped my arms around him, smiling, "Our next job is to get you out of here."

Sighing, he moved some hair from my face, "We will."

As I was about to kiss him, my phone rang again. It was my dad, "Sorry Matt. I gotta take this." I flipped open my phone and put it up to my ear.

He nodded, "It's fine."

"Hello? Dad?" I asked.

As I listened a look of shock crossed my face. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Matt caught me as I almost collapsed off his bed.

"Dad! I--" The voice on the other line changed, I wasn't even thinking as I screamed, "He didn't do it! I know he wouldn't! She just got out of the hospital and she's been on pain medecine. She has no idea what she's doing! Please don.t---I know but...He's not!" I screamed, tears pouring out of my eyes as the officer hung up. This was the last thing I needed. My mom was crazy on pain meds. I knew that. But how could she do this to him?

Matt grabbed me, "Hey! Hey! What is it? What's wrong?" He held me, kissing the tears from my eyes gently.

I explained the situation to Matt, his eyes widening and closing as I spoke.

Matt held me, his eyes gentle. his mouth wide, "Shh. It's okay Kate. Go back before it's too late!"

"I can't leave you!" I didn't know if I was protesting because I didn't think I could leave him, or if I didn't want to leave him.

Matt sighed, "Yes, you can. I'll be fine for a little while by myself. Promise."

I kissed him before running to the garage, hopping in my car and speeding down to my house. When I slammed the brakes in my front driveway, I noticed the police cars still there. Good sign. I ran inside, "Dad!" I screamed for him.

The whole room turned to look at me. If was I good at anything, it was making an entrance. I hated the talent. But, I was so used to the eyes pelting me by now.

My mom was the first to speak, "He beat me! He pushed me against a wall and started punching me and kicking me." Her blond hair flowed behind her. Mom was pretty, and I was staring to realize why all the police officers were believing this loony story she was telling.

"I didn't do anything!" My dad growled, "She's insane. I never did anything to her!"

My little brother Carson came bounding down the stairs, tears in his eyes. I picked him up, "Shh. Cars. It's okay. Can you just be strong. Don't cry!" I held him. He was so young, and he didn't deserve to witness this, "Mom! You know dad didn't do anything to you. Stop accusing him!" As if that would help. Not convincing at all.

"Young lady. Please." One of the officers rested his hand on my shoulder, "Just wait until we call you in for your statement. And could your brother tell us what he knows?"

"He's only four!" I almost screamed, "He doesn't even know what's going on!"

The officer sighed, tightening his grip on my shoulder, "It would be helpful. Please, do whatever you need to get him to speak. Because we're getting a statement."

"He's only four!" I repeated, "You're supposed to protect people. But, you're making me feel more unsafe than I already was. My brother is four. And you're not calling him in for a statement. I'll give one. But you're not getting one out of this little guy." I held Carson close to me.

"Fine. Your version of the story please miss?" He looked at me, his eyes cold.

"My version? Let's see. Mty mom got out of the hospital, completely dillusional on pain meds and she made up some story about how my dad was abusing her. Apparantly, she called the police to plead her insanity, and now the police are threatening to take my dad to jail! You wanted my version and you got it! Oh, and my version is probably closer to the truth than anyone's."

For a few seconds, everyone just stared at me. After screaming my rant, I could almost hit something.

"Young lady, I hear your boyfriend is in the hospital." The officer said, "Why don't you go back to him?"

"Fine!" I screamed, "But, I'm taking Carson with me. No way am I letting him listen to this!" I sighed, pulling Carson into the carseat and then speeding down the driveway towards the hospital. I opened the door vigorously, stomping my way to Matt's room. "Hey," I said, my tone softening when I saw him, "I'm back."

He looked at me, "What happened now?"

"Well," I sighed, explaining it to him, my tone mellow.

"It'll be okay," he promised me. But for some reason, I believed him.

17Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:39 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

Oh this is just really rising up to the heat.

18Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:15 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

xD There's plenty more drama in the next chapter. Again, spacing issues. Razz

I looked down at him, "Matt, we should stop talking about this."

He laughed and nodded, "Yeah, how about something a little less depressing?" He pulled me and Carson onto the bed, setting Carson on his lap and ruffling his hair, "Hey Cars. How you been?"

Carson smiled. "Good. Are you okay Matty?"

We all laughed. I'd been dating Matt since Carson was born, so Matt had always been around for Carson. They were great together. Matt taught Carson how to play baseball, basketball, and he also helped me teach Carson how to play soccer, although I was the main coach there, seeing as Matt knew nothing about soccer.

Matt smiled, hugging Carson, "I'm good little man." He bumped Carson's fist. "Guess what I got for you."He smiled, pulling a coloring book and some crayons from the table beside him.

Carson smiled and picked them up.

"Carson...what do you say to Matt?" I looked down to Carson expectantly.

"Thank you Matty." He curled comfortably on Matt's lap and started to color, looking completely oblivious to the world around him.

"Don't sweat it little man." Matt grinned, placing his arm around me and then moving his eyes up toward me, "Now that we can talk..." He said, moving some hair from my face, "I want to talk about us."

I nodded slowly, "What do you want to talk about?"

"Our future," he said, almost at once, "Look, Caitlin, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. We had a long distance relationship for half a year, and everything went great. We still loved each other, and we never betrayed each other, or stopped feeling for each other. Kate, I love you more than I can say. And I don't have a future if you're not in it .There's no one else who can be better for me Kate. You make me so happy. I need you."

I wrapped my arms around him gently, "Matt, you know I feel the same way about you. I can't live without you.And I was so scared that I might have to." I sighed, kissing his cheek gently, making sure not to hurt Carson, "But, I know now that you're going to be okay. And I am so thankful for that. And I know that you're the one for me. You always have been."

He grinned, tracing a line down my chest, " I'm picturing you in a white dress."He kissed down my neck, careful not to stir Carson,"And walking down the aisle to me.And I'm just staring because you're much more breathtakingly beautiful than you usually are."His lips moved to my hair, running down a few of the almost black strands. And---did you get like a tan or something?"

I laughed. Of course, Matt could take the most romantic conversation and change the subject instantly, "Yes Matt. Because I've definitely had time to go tan on the beach in the past few days."

He smiled, tracing his lips along my shoulder, "Well, you're just naturally beautiful. Can you forgive me for being attracted to you right now?"

I smiled, "No, because if we do anything in front of my brother..."

He sighed, sliding his finger under the strap on my shoulder and pulling away, "Okay,"he pouted.

"Matt...don't be mad...please."I knew he was just kidding aroundm but he knew Iwas just kidding around too. Or, at least, Ihoped so.

"Okay,"he said, sniffling, "I-Ithink I'll be okay."

I smiled, kissing him, "You'll be fine. Don't worry."

He nodded, "I think Iwill now." He leaned in for another kiss and gently pressed his lips up to mine again.

We pulled apart as my phone vibrated, "Sorry," I said, before opening it. It was from Kirk. I sighed, reading...I heard some1 tried 2 kill Matt. Iz it true? I decided 2 ask u. He bettr b ded...I almost growled. How could Kirk say something like that? I don't care what he thought about Matt, and what differences they had. He had no right to wish someone to be dead. I tried to delete the text, but I couldnt' do it fast enough. Matt had snatched the phone away from me before I could do anything.

He looked at me, his smile gone and his eyes cold, "You been talking to him?"

Ishook my head, "Of course not! This is the first text he's sent me since the day I met you!"

He raised an eyebrow, "And how many have you sent him?"

"Zero," I said firmly. I would never text that creep.

He sighed and asked, "Why was his number in your phone?"

"I put it in there four years ago. And you know me, I never delete my phone contacts."

He smiled gently, pressing his nose my neck, "Lord do I know it. I'm sorry Kate." He held my hand, nuzzling my head to his shoulder.

Carson looked up at us, his big eyes bright as they looked up at Matt.

Ismiled at Matt and whispered, "It's okay. Ideserved it."

He sighed, shaking his head, "No you didn't. I should have--"

I put a finger to his lips and shook my head, "Don't."

He smiled, kssing both my cheeks gently, pulling my legs against his side and pulling Carson up to his chest. "I love you both." I knew how he felt about Carson.They were great with each other. Just like brothers, but they never fought with each other.

"You're so sweet with Carson."I said dreamily.

"He's like a little brother to me."Matt smiled, "I've never had much family. And your family is so great to me. Kind of like...a family to me." He pulled me close to him.

"That's how Iwant it to be forever." I said, "My family is always going to be your family. Especially after the day I get to wear that white dress."

We both smiled, leaning in to kiss each other at the same time.

19Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:24 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

They should get married. BTW, have you checked my story lately.

20Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I've read it, I just need to post on it.

And they might. When they're older.

21Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:39 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

How old are they? 16?

22Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:41 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Nope, 17.

23Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:47 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I was close.

24Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

xD Yup. Next section.

As Matt was about to say something, the nurse walked into, "Well, Matt,"she looked down to the folder she was holding, "It says here that you are ready to be released from the hospital...for now. You are going to come in again for a few days next Sunday so we can check up on you. Now, without further ado, you're ready to go."She tossed Matt the pair of clothes Ihad for him. His favorite pair of black tight jeans and a green shirt.

Ismiled, wrapping my arms around him, speezing him, "Oh Matt!I'm so happy!"

He laughed, "Okay, now you don't want me getting back in here bexause you choked me, do you?"

"Sorry!"Isaid, pulling back. Ipicked up Carson, "Why don't you get changed and I'll drive you home."

Matt nodded, pulling of his shirt, revealing his muscular chest underneath, "Alright, I'll be right out."

Carson grabbed the coloring book and crayons. He tore out a page for Matt, "Idrew you a picture Matty."y.He handed him a picture of a seahorse that was colored in almost perfectly.

Matt smiled in awe, picking up Carson, "Thanks dude!"He gave my little brother a fist bump and said, "Tell you what, I'll come over tomorrow and we can play football. Iknow we haven't done that in a while. That sound cool?"

Carson smiled and nodded, "Yeah."

Matt grinned,"Great. I'll be out in a second, kay Kate?"

Ikissed his cheek and nodded, "Okay, we'll be waiting outside."Itook Carson into the hallway and smiled, "Guess what?Matt gets to come home for a little while!"

Carson smiled, "Can he stay at our house tonight?"

Ismiled, "You're gonna have to ask him that."Ialready knew what the answer would be though.

A couple minutes later, Matt stepped out, handsomeas could be. He smiled and kissed me, "Ready to go?"

Inodded, kissing his cheek as Iswitched Carson to my other arm and made my way into the elevator, "Ithink Carson has a question for you."

Matt smiled at Carson, "Yeah. And what would that be, huh Cars?"

Carson smiled, "Matty, could you stay at our house tonight?"

Matt laughed and nodded, "Of course Iwill little man."He winked at me and made a sly smile. Iknew what he was thinking.

Iled him to my car, "Your house first?Ya know, to see your caretaker?Want me to pick you up when you're done?"

He nodded, "Sounds perfect."

Ismiled, driving slowly to his house. Ikissed him as he got out of the car and made sure Carson was strapped in safely. Imade sure Matt was inside the house before Ipulled out of the driveway and headed in the other direction. Before Iknew it, Iwas in the driveway of another house. But not mine. Ipulled Carson out of the carseat and walked up to the front door. Irang the doorbell and waited for about half a minute before Iwas greeted with a blue-eyed blond boy, "Kirk,"Isaid, annoyance curling in my voice.

"Catlin?"He looked at me, shock rising in his voice, "What are you doing here?"

"What am Idoing here?Iknow what you did to Matt!And I'm here to confirm my suspicions. So, is it true?Did you try to kill my boyfriend?"Iasked.

"Uh...Why in the world would you think that?"He looked completely calm. Iwas beginning to doubt myself. But then, something fell out of his pocket. Ididn't pay much attention, but then, Inoticed it was a blood covered knife.

Ilooked at him, "What's that?"

Kirk pulled me inside, pinning me against the wall, "Okay. Yeah, I did try to kill Matt!Because he is bisexual and we know that God doesn't want them here on earth!"He pressed my shoulder to the wall.

Igasped, trying to break free, but Kirk was too strong, "I'll tell the police. You'll go to jail. You tried to kill him!And you didn't think Iwould find out?"

Kirk laughed, "Honestly, no. Ithought you were way too stupid to find out. I mean, you were stupid enough to choose Matt over me!"

Iused my free hand to punch him, "It was four years ago!Let it go!You didn't think Iwould choose Matt after everything you did to me?After you hurt me like that? You didn't think Iwould choose the sweetest, smartest, most handsome guy there is, over you?' Istruggled free, "Ihave a tape recorded confession Kirk."Ipulled the out my phone, "You're done."

As Iwas about to leave the house, Kirk grabbed me, shovign me onto the floor, Carson in my arms, "I'll kill you!I'll kill your brother!"He grabbed my phone, our fdeleting the recording and then throwing the phone, with full force, onto my head. "That's what you get Caitlin!"

Iscreamed as he pulled out a knife, pulling it down my stomach.. Iknew Iwas done for. The day i met Matt was clear in my eyes. It flashed to the day thatIfound him attacked. All the plans we'd made for our future. They would never happen.

As Ithought Iwas about to lose forever, Ifelt someone pick me up. Ihear Carson laugh and Ialso heard Kirk scream. Then Iheard his voice, "Kate. Kate? Oh god. Please Kate, no!"Ifelt tears on my chest. His tears.

My eyes chot open, "Matt don't cry. Please don't cry."Iwas in pain, but Iknew I would be okay. Nothing worth going to the hospital for. The knife only grazed me. Ikissed hiis head gently, smiling up at him.

He gasped in relief,"Oh god Kate. Ithought Iwas going to lose you. Again.'

Ikissed him, pulling Carson on top of me, "I was the one who almost lost you."

He sighed and nodded, lifting my shirt above my stomach gently, gasping when he saw the blood. "Kate, why did you even come here?"

I sighed,"Iwanted to figure out if it was Kirk who attacked you."

He sighed, kissing my cheek,"And?"

Isqueezed his hand, "And he did it Matt!"

Matt sighed, "Ishould have known."He kissed me gently, holding Carson, "And, do you have any proof?"

"No," Isighed,"But, I'll get it."

He shook his head,"Kate, you're not going to get it without me. Idon't want this to happen to you again."

Ilooked at him, "Wait, how did you know Iwas here?"

"Well,"he sighed, "You called me, Iheard you screaming, and Iheard Kirk, and Itook a wild guess you were here.Especially when Isaw you drive in the opposite direction of your house."He pulled me to sit up straight, "Are you ready to go?"

Iwas so thanful for my phone's sensetivity. When Kirk threw it at me, it must have hit 4, Matt's number on speed dial.

He hopped in the drivers seat as I strapped Carson in the carseat.

25Everybody Is Somebody Empty Re: Everybody Is Somebody Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:25 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

OMG! That scared me, which I kinda like.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum