Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!
Song Writing Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can share all about writing music and lots more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Memorable Debates

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Memorable Debates Empty Memorable Debates Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Well, there are some rules for this thread, however, it's pretty self explanitory. HAve you ever been in a debate that really opened up your eyes? Or one that you've just wanted to share to others? Post them here.

Rules:
1. Be sure there's no personal information.
2. You MAY NOT quote anyone else without their permission.

Here's one of mine. It's not a debate, more a discussion.

Background: I was basically talking about why I believe life is an illusion.

Her: Because, what is it really? Why are we here? Who put us here? Is there seriously some sort of Creator? What are we? What is life anyway? Can you answer any of those?

Okay, I had those same questions many years ago and I thought I didn't believe in spirit life or anything after death. Then something happened that changed all of that. As I faced death, I realized I believed in H e l l. This shook me to the very core. I didn't believe in heaven, but I felt I would be tortured for my sins. This is when I knew I could not continue ignoring the fact I felt there would be something after death.
Then, I changed. Selfishly, yes. All so I could escape my wrath, but life has been better for me. This is why I am trying so hard not to discriminate. It is one of the last sins I have to conquer. I honestly feel like who cares if I'm wrong?! There is indeed a chance that life simply ends. But by living a noble life, does it matter?
No, and it gives me purpose which simplifies life a lot. Many ask me how I can be calm, patient, and "fairy-like". (Yes, during the school year, I receive many comments like the last one.) Well, I just do my best to do good because I feel that karma will be dolled out frightfully in the end. It works for me.
Cheers for a noble life, SC

Myself:
*claps and hands SC a trophy called "The pen (or keyboard in this case) is mightier than the sword"*
That was wonderfully written SC... And, I respect that opinion very much.

Here's mine. And this will be more than just questions, promise you this.

When I was younger I was taught "believe in God and good things will happen to you." The only person who ever gave me a reason to do this was my Grandfather, and to this day, nobody will ever hold a more special place in my heart than him. But, like every other human, he met his fate. When I was either six or seven, he had a heart attack and passed away. I was heartbroken, but mostly (and I probably shouldn't have been) angered with God for taking him away from me before I even started to learn about my life.

As I grew older, this anger with God left me, however, one question arose in my mind. Where did Grandpa go? After death, where would he go. And I slowly began to wonder what life is in itself. Why I was chosen to sit here while I watch my family fall apart. Why I felt this way. Gradually, as I started to become drunk with pain, emotion left me. I felt so numb and began to see life in a new way. As an illusion.

https://songwritingc.forumotion.com

2Memorable Debates Empty Re: Memorable Debates Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:41 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I feel a lot this way. Then, I realized that when people die, they are not gone forever. They are still in your heart no matter what. Yup, that's how I look at things instead of gone forever and never coming back.

3Memorable Debates Empty Re: Memorable Debates Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Elderly Old Queen

Elderly Old Queen

Golly! That's what I said. xD
I feel so honored right now.
Thank you for adding this! ♥

4Memorable Debates Empty Re: Memorable Debates Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:34 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Elderly Old Queen wrote:Golly! That's what I said. xD
I feel so honored right now.
Thank you for adding this! ♥️
xD Why of course it's what you said! Smile
Who else's words would I put up on herre?

5Memorable Debates Empty Re: Memorable Debates Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Elderly Old Queen

Elderly Old Queen

Aw, now you've brought tears of joy to my eyes. xD Thank ye.

6Memorable Debates Empty Re: Memorable Debates Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:00 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

xD Quite welcome dear!

7Memorable Debates Empty Re: Memorable Debates Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:21 pm

Elderly Old Queen

Elderly Old Queen

I bet you would laugh at me if you knew me. xD And I wouldn't blame you one bit.

8Memorable Debates Empty Re: Memorable Debates Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

xD Well, I wouldn't laugh. I'm a rather serious (emo) person is real life.

9Memorable Debates Empty Re: Memorable Debates Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:48 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I don't think any of my quotes are on here come to think of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum