Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!
Song Writing Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can share all about writing music and lots more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Travel...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Travel... Empty Travel... Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:33 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Hey guys. Well, here is where you can post about any travel you've had. I guess I'll start.

Well, I'm in Tuscan and so yesterday, August 1st, we went to the Grand Canyon. It was beautiful and I loved it. After that, we went to go eat dinner which was pretty cool because I got to feed a couple of goats. It wasn't a petting zoo or anything by the way. There was also a bull there that had been in a movie which was pretty cool. Also, there were a few horses and a donkey. It was really fun.

August 2nd: Today we didn't do much but it's just so beautiful here. Maybe I'll have more later.

August 5th. Did you know that they store planes in Arizona? Because it's so dry and it hardly ever rains, it's good weather. Also, the soil is so dry. It's amazing to see them all. And a good thing to do if you come here is go to the museums here. They're really fun and interesting.

August 6th: We began our journey home today. It was a very interesting flight actually. So, we went from the Tuscan airport to go to Dallas. Our flight was at 1:10 and we arrived in Dallas at around 5:00. So, we hung out in the airport until our flight at 7:10. Or so we thought. They delayed the flight until 9:00 and changed the gate. We were kind of annoyed but didn't mind much. So we went to go hang out in the airport a little further. Then, at around 8:30, we went to go check the boards and saw our flight had been postponed to 10:00 and the gate had changed again. So, we waited for that, and then, when we thought our flight was finally about to leave, it was postponed until 11:10 and the gate had changed yet again. Finally, at 11:10, our flight took off and we got home around 1:00.

Sorry if you thought this was kind of short and not very descriptive of the vacation. I didn't think so either. My mom actually works there and so we were kind of running back and forth and we weren't do much sightseeing either.

Alright, well, that's basically what this topic is about. Just post about any cool travel you've taken.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:09 am; edited 2 times in total

https://songwritingc.forumotion.com

2Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:35 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I traveled to Hawaii! I visited the islands, Oahu, Kauai, and Maui.

3Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Ahh-kay, I'm finally at camp so.

Day 1: The first day of camp. Today, I got registered today and met my group and made a few friends. We do this thing where we exchange beads and stuff. It was pretty fun. We got situated in our dorms and went to our opening presentation.

Day 2: Well, today we got our first look at Scratch which was pretty cool. I really enjoyed just taking a look at the program and seeing how to use it. Then, we learned about Networking. It was kind of cool then. After that, we went back to the dorms. There was supposed to be a presentation but it got cancelled so we practiced our talent show act. Though, we pretty much played Ninja the entire time.

Day 3: Today we learned more about Scratch. My partner and I decided to make a game and so we have to work on that. Also, we learned about Human Interfacing. Then, we went to go take apart a computer and then put it back together. My group took it apart but things kind of fell out. We ended up putting it back together though. Then we learned how to count in bunary and make codes and stuff. After that, we had movie night. Though, I just stayed and made roses out of duct tape for my friends. This girl made a dragon out of duct tape! And much more! It was awesome!

Day 4: Today we started to work on our projects. Ours is going kind of horribly though. And then we learned about Logic Gates and Image Compression. It was actually kind of fun because we just kind of talked the entire time. After that, we went bowling. I bowled a 102 and ended up winning. (Yay!) And then we played DDR for about a million times. So, we finally went back to the dorms and stuff and then I was in my room with my friend and my roommate came in all tired and so she apparantly knocked on people's doors and stuff and then my friend left and so I called my parents. While I was on the phone with my dad, a million people came into our room screaming and I had to hang up on him. It was so crazy! And then the counselors got mad and told us to go to bed and I called my dad again and he was all worried. My! The counselors are so loud when people sleep!

Day 5: We finished our project. It was basically about this cat who needs to catch a mouse. Maybe I can make something else and then link to it later. Also, we learned about how computers sort things. And I have to tell you, that lesson was actually kind of fun. Usually they were really boring. So, after that, our evening activity was going to a recreation center and I got to go swimming which was kind of fun. There was a cool waterslide and stuff.

Day 6: Today was the last full day of camp. So, we started off eating breakfast and then we went to go see the NCSA. That's where all the supercomputers are kept on campus. Supercomputers are computers that are basically just very fast with calculations to put it simply. But they can do much more than that. Then, we went to go see a 3-D movie. After lunch, we went back to the computer lab to go present our projects which was really cool. Finally, after that was over, we had an awards ceremony. Though I didn't win anything, some of my friends did and I was really happy for them. In the end, we went back to the dorms and got ready for the talent show. In the talent show, my group did this skit about leg crossing that's hard to explain. But then, we did our own version of a glasses commercial that involved a dance to Evacuate the Dance Floor. It was really fun. And also, Friday was sleepover night! My friends and I camped out in the lounge which was more than awesome because we lined all our matresses up and then we jumped around on them and listened to music and stuff until 2:30 AM. We finally had to go to sleep.

Day 7: Today was the last day of camp. We woke up at around 6:30 AM and then cleaned up everything, ate breakfast (our last meal) and then did our final packing. Then, we hung out in the lounge to say goodbye, get everyone's numbers and wait for our parents to come pick us up. We went to the closing ceremonies and after that was goodbye.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

4Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:15 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I went to camp once and I got kicked out.

5Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:27 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Aww, I'm sorry about that. Well, I'm about to post Day 4 info.

6Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:17 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

You are so lucky.

7Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:01 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

I just returned from a mission trip in Chicago. I know I have been to Chicago before, but that was mostly in the subarbs, and very rarely in the city. This time, it wasn't like that. And it was something like no other, that I can't wait to share with you.

This trip was the youth trip from my church that they take every year. This was the first year I was able to go, and I really enjoyed my time. We stayed at a place called Jesus People, USA and we helped out at homeless shelters too. The people there were amazing, as was my time there, and I really wish it didn't have to end so soon.

Through this trip, I learned about hard and messy work. One of the jobs we had to do while we were in Chicago was shovel all the rubber chips out of the JPUSA playground and replace them with woodchips. This took some doing because it was long and tiring work, yet, we had a deadline and we had to get it done. I learned that sometimes, even if you're tired, you can't quit, or you will never get a job done. I learned about messy work through all the cleaning and cooking I had to do one night at the homeless shelter and also visiting the homeless shelters and seeing how they were. It makes my house look like a castle.

I also learned about the homeless. Most shelters split apart families that come in, and sometimes, boys over the age of 12 don't even put in a shelter. One of the men that I talked to at the shelter told me about how anything can happen, and anyone can become homeless in the blink of an eye. Different situations lead to different things. What struck me about this man is that he had poems memorized. Not just any poems, but ones that were meaningful to him. If you were to talk to him, chances are, you would hear these poems. And chances also are that you would find them just as amazing as I did. Not only could he recite them, but he could tell you what every line, every stanza, and every poem meant to him. To me, this is amazing. There are so many people who have more books, poetry and works than he does, but they never take the time to memorize it, or figure what it means to them. I think that talking to homeless people made me learn about homeless people. and though it broke my heart, I'm glad I learned it, because it's important to know about everyone in the world around you.

Lastly, I learned about relationships. I learned that my relationships with God and those around me aren't going to be strengthened unless I want them to be. I also learned that I have to grow as a person.

On this trip, I learned just what some people had to go through. And it made it me want to help. I now want to help all those who need it. And right now, that's a lot of people.

My advice to you is "to do something" as the supervisor of the shelter said. Do something. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, a food pantry, a nursing home, a homeless shelter or just any organization that helps those that need it. Even just for an hour a month. Because, believe it or not, that hour does make a difference, and the people you help are going to be very thankful for that.

Here are some pictures from Chicago:
https://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l626/chuhulil/Chicago/

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

8Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:35 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

During the summer, I'm going to Florida and California.

9Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Awesome! Have fun there. I'll be going to Nashville.

10Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:39 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

That's cool too. My family lives near there.

11Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:47 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Awesome. I posted my pictures from Chicago. They're really awesome.

12Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Si Hoo

Si Hoo

Woah! Those are some pretty neat pictures, especially if they were taken with your camera phone.
The skyline one is lovely, and sort of how I've always imagined Chicago to look like. Haha, that t-shirt is clever! xD

Anyways, I'm really glad that you got to go; it sounds like the trip did a lot of good for the homeless, as well as for the people helping. I've always had a soft spot for the homeless, even though others have told me not to. I don't know how the homeless people survive where I live. The winters are so extreme, I fear many of them must freeze. Your post is a good reminder for everyone to count their blessings, and have mercy on those less fortunate than they are.
What better way to start off the summer?

13Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked the pictures! And yes, the t-shirt was rather cool. I am a Cardinals fan so... xD

And yes, it was a wonderful experience. It's really cool that you just said all that because none of my other friends who I talked to about the trip didn't seem to think so but it looks like you're the first person who really understood it. It was a wonderful way to start off my summer, because it makes me look at lifew in a different way. And, as for the homeless people where you live... I understand what you mean. I never really thought about how tough it must be for them. And, I think it's good that you have a soft spot for the homeless, because, now I do too. And I really understand a lot more about them.

14Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:22 pm

Si Hoo

Si Hoo

Glory! Truly? Well that's sort of a surprise to me, but it makes me feel special. ^^ I suppose it takes someone else who has done something similar to understand how miraculous a small experience like that can be. I'm thrilled to hear how well your summer has been so far; I hope that mine will be half as good when it finally begins.
I can imagine you in the distant future... one of those iconic figures known for their charity work. Naturally, if that happened I'd help you. =D I quite look forward to my volunteer work.
Well, hope to message you again-- soon as my ruddy exams are done.

15Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:43 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

xD Yes, don't worry... You are always rather special!
Don't worry. I'm sure you will have a great summer when it begins. And good luck with your exams!
Haha, funny you would say that. My hero has always been Mother Teresa. Though, I will never live up to her legacy, I do try to serve others as much as I can.

16Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:36 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I hope Justin Bieber comes to New Jersey this summer or something. I promise a friend that I would take her.

17Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Si Hoo

Si Hoo

Admin wrote:xD Yes, don't worry... You are always rather special!
Don't worry. I'm sure you will have a great summer when it begins. And good luck with your exams!
Haha, funny you would say that. My hero has always been Mother Teresa. Though, I will never live up to her legacy, I do try to serve others as much as I can.
Thanks! My first exam starts tomorrow-- science. Eep I'm so wretchedly nervous, I can't believe myself. I appreciate the extra luck! ♥
Really? Ooh, coincidence! Maybe it was meant to be... I'm sure that it's quite possible to create an explosion of goodness, sort of like what Mother Teresa did. I'd definitely help you if you did. Just imagine what would happen if we knew each other in real life! We'd probably start up a self-owned soap kitchen or something. xD
- - -
@ MJ's Girl:
And if you happen to travel to see JB's concert, you can post all the details in this thread! ^^

18Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:03 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

Si Hoo wrote:
Admin wrote:xD Yes, don't worry... You are always rather special!
Thanks! My first exam starts tomorrow-- science. Eep I'm so wretchedly nervous, I can't believe myself. I appreciate the extra luck! ♥
Really? Ooh, coincidence! Maybe it was meant to be... I'm sure that it's quite possible to create an explosion of goodness, sort of like what Mother Teresa did. I'd definitely help you if you did. Just imagine what would happen if we knew each other in real life! We'd probably start up a self-owned soap kitchen or something. xD
- - -
@ MJ's Girl:
And if you happen to travel to see JB's concert, you can post all the details in this thread! ^^
Actually I have been to a concert over in the fall. I'll post details of that.

19Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:53 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Alright. So here is a summary of my trip to Nashville:

When I saw the Gaylord Opryland hotel, I was astounded. It was not only huge, it was beautiful. And the inside of it matched. There was a place called the Garden Conservatory, and it was a huge rainforest-like place. It was beautiful, and the perfect place to shop and take walks.

We toured around, and met some of the other choirs. Though, we were really excited to meet the choir from China. We didn't meet them until morning, but they were quite shy due to just getting to America. They were so small and adorable and cute! They finally opened up to us at our indiividual performances, when they all talked to us and gave us big hugs.

The next day, we had lots of rehearsal, and the General Jackson Showboat cruise. We watched Country Music, USA there, which was amazing. We danced with the kids there and I danced with this one really cute girl.

Then, we had so much more rehearsal, I couldn't take it. We finally went to the Wildhorse Saloon, where I got a pony who I named Stephen, because Stephen Hatifield always said "Ride your pony, your pony, pony" to get us to loosen up. The piano was played by Russel Davis.

Then, I ended up losing the higher range of my voice the day before the concert, but thinking of my poor 8 year-old Chinese friend, who had a sore throat and a cough made me realize things were okay. I got most ofmy voice back. Also, that day, both of my Chinese friends gave me gifts. It was so sweet of them. We met the soloists, Collin Raye, Kallen Esperian and Lawrence Hamilton. They were amazing.

So, we were all nervous about the concert in the Grand Ole Opry, but it went great! We did a wonderful job, and it wad so much fun. Then, it came time for the Chinese choir to leave. We were all so sad. There were many tears and gifts exchanged.

While driving home, we stopped at the National Quilt Museum, which was cool.

20Travel... Empty Re: Travel... Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:59 am

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

Admin wrote:Alright. So here is a summary of my trip to Nashville:

When I saw the Gaylord Opryland hotel, I was astounded. It was not only huge, it was beautiful. And the inside of it matched. There was a place called the Garden Conservatory, and it was a huge rainforest-like place. It was beautiful, and the perfect place to shop and take walks.

We toured around, and met some of the other choirs. Though, we were really excited to meet the choir from China. We didn't meet them until morning, but they were quite shy due to just getting to America. They were so small and adorable and cute! They finally opened up to us at our indiividual performances, when they all talked to us and gave us big hugs.

The next day, we had lots of rehearsal, and the General Jackson Showboat cruise. We watched Country Music, USA there, which was amazing. We danced with the kids there and I danced with this one really cute girl.

Then, we had so much more rehearsal, I couldn't take it. We finally went to the Wildhorse Saloon, where I got a pony who I named Stephen, because Stephen Hatifield always said "Ride your pony, your pony, pony" to get us to loosen up. The piano was played by Russel Davis.

Then, I ended up losing the higher range of my voice the day before the concert, but thinking of my poor 8 year-old Chinese friend, who had a sore throat and a cough made me realize things were okay. I got most ofmy voice back. Also, that day, both of my Chinese friends gave me gifts. It was so sweet of them. We met the soloists, Collin Raye, Kallen Esperian and Lawrence Hamilton. They were amazing.

So, we were all nervous about the concert in the Grand Ole Opry, but it went great! We did a wonderful job, and it wad so much fun. Then, it came time for the Chinese choir to leave. We were all so sad. There were many tears and gifts exchanged.

While driving home, we stopped at the National Quilt Museum, which was cool.
Coolio!

Over the past two weeks, I was in Disney World and Hilton Head.

Disney World: It was great as normal. We stayed at the Beach Club Villas because we have the Disney Vacation Club plan. Every night, we walked into Epcot for the fireworks and shopping if it was open. It rained one day when we were supposed to go to dinner and I got soaked. Overall, it was fab.

Hilton Head: I don't know about it. It's fine the first couple of days, but I had the...something guys can't have so I couldn't swim. That part sucked, but I managed to swim after it was over. The best part of Hilton Head has to be the pier. I don't know why. I go there for inspiration I guess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum