Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Song Writing Forums
Hello! This website is really fun for posting your own creations!
Song Writing Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can share all about writing music and lots more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Self-Harm

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Self-Harm Empty Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Well, first I guess we need a definition. So, here goes. Self-harm is the act of deliberately harming oneself. Most people do this to feel comfort. It does provide momentary comfort, however, can leave one feeling even worse after.

I cut myself a couple times. I eventually realized that harming myself is not the answer to my problems and only leaves me feeling worse about myself later on. Though, I did feel why many people do this.

So, what are your opinions on self-harm? Have you ever done it? Do you know why people do this?

https://songwritingc.forumotion.com

2Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:12 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I used to hit myself, but then I realized it was stupid.

3Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:16 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I see. I wouldn't exactly call it stupid, because there are plenty of people that are comforted by it. I used to be comforted by things like that after all, so I know what it feels like. I just don't think it was the correct answer to my problems. I found other answers that don't involve hurting myself.

4Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:18 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I used to hit myself because I would do something wrong. I sometimes say that I want to kill myself, but then no.

5Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Meh. I made a pathetic suicide attempt after I felt like my life was in ruins. It was pretty pathetic as I said and failed. Everything kinda got better after that and so I'm thankful that it failed.

6Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:26 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I thank you too.

7Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:21 pm

funny12321

funny12321

ive never done anything to hurt myself on purpose. i think that people should want to live, you only get one life (for those that think you get more, you only remember the one you're on) so live it up. Smile just my opinion

8Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Well, self-harm is different than suicide, remember. Self-harm is just injuring oneself, but it doesn't kill you. When people become suicidal, it's when the pain of living is so unbearable, that one would rather die than continue life.

I understand them both though. Honestly, there are some times where people are going through so much pain, they can't take it anymore. And it's better to leave it all than continue with life. It's a very complicated situation and sometimes, not it depends on the degree of pain the person is in to determine what they will do.

And nobody knows what happens after death,

9Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:39 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

Because researchers never gave a sign.

10Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Here's the definition of emo by the way. Just so I can get rid of some stereotypes.

Emo is actually an abbreviation of the world emotional. They are usually stereotyped as the failures of society. People often look down on them because they show their emotions in a different way. Emo doesn't necessarily mean a person who cuts themselves, though that is the most widely known stereotype. What they do is, let out their emotions in different ways than others.

11Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:59 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

Actually makes sense.

12Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

MichaelJackson'sGirl wrote:Actually makes sense.
It does. That's what I'm trying to get at.

13Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:57 pm

HelloGoodBye

I think self harm is silly, yet I continue to feel I must resort to it. I know it's wrong, but sometimes people (including me) think that it's the only thing to do for comfort in some situations. I have never cut myself (I mean, yeah a bunch of scratches, but never cut myself hard enough to really leave a scar or anything)

Suicide, I feel like it sometimes. I've written a suicide letter before, but I've never actually tried. For me, things kinda got better after a while and trashed the letter.
Lately, I've been feeling really alone and distant and I have (as much as I try not to) thought about everything again. You know, ending everything. At the moment, I know I won't because it's not that bad. I still cry at night and write a bunch of stuff in my notebooks about giving up, but it's just another phase I'm hoping.

I've never brought this up to anyone in real life, but one person. It's kinda nice to get this all off my chest. I'm glad someone knows, because my real life friends don't really know about this all, neither does my family really.

14Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:06 pm

HelloGoodBye

Okay I'm sorry to double post, but, the definition emo started off as a style of music "Emotive hardcore" which is what we call Post hardcore these days, because of the very honest and emotional lyrics , the term emo eventually evolved into it meaning emotional. I prefer to use emo as emotive because that's truthfully what it meant. An "emo" person is just a postcore music loving person, who is very truthful and in depth with their emotions. So as hulie said before, it's not someone who cuts themselves.

15Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

HelloGoodBye wrote:I think self harm is silly, yet I continue to feel I must resort to it. I know it's wrong, but sometimes people (including me) think that it's the only thing to do for comfort in some situations. I have never cut myself (I mean, yeah a bunch of scratches, but never cut myself hard enough to really leave a scar or anything)

Suicide, I feel like it sometimes. I've written a suicide letter before, but I've never actually tried. For me, things kinda got better after a while and trashed the letter.
Lately, I've been feeling really alone and distant and I have (as much as I try not to) thought about everything again. You know, ending everything. At the moment, I know I won't because it's not that bad. I still cry at night and write a bunch of stuff in my notebooks about giving up, but it's just another phase I'm hoping.

I've never brought this up to anyone in real life, but one person. It's kinda nice to get this all off my chest. I'm glad someone knows, because my real life friends don't really know about this all, neither does my family really.
This.. Exactly this. I've never brought it up to anyone in real life... I probably should. But this.
HelloGoodBye wrote:Okay I'm sorry to double post, but, the definition emo started off as a style of music "Emotive hardcore" which is what we call Post hardcore these days, because of the very honest and emotional lyrics , the term emo eventually evolved into it meaning emotional. I prefer to use emo as emotive because that's truthfully what it meant. An "emo" person is just a postcore music loving person, who is very truthful and in depth with their emotions. So as hulie said before, it's not someone who cuts themselves.
Yes... I didn't include the emotive hardcore stuff (even though I really wanted to) because I thought it would be slightly off topic but the way you say it, it wasn't. I really must learn how to make my point clear. Anyway, this (again!). Self-harm can be inflicted by anyone. Not just an emo. In fact, I know of a very non-emo girl who cuts herself. She tried it once because she was curious and ended up getting addicted to it.

16Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:34 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Another stereotype that I hate is that people who cut themselves crave attention, and are psychotic.

17Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:47 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I agree it is pretty stupid.

18Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:38 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Yes... I cut myself once... It was rather helpful, yet I don't want to do it anymore because it's not too healthy. But I wasn't doing it for attention. I was just doing it because it felt good.

19Self-Harm Empty Re: Self-Harm Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:40 pm

MichaelJackson'sGirl

MichaelJackson'sGirl

I tried to scratch myself with my sharp nails but all that did was hurt me more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum